Tennis is a game of skill, strategy, and mental toughness. It requires the ability to stay focused and keep your composure in any situation.
We’ve laid out the most inspirational and funny tennis quotes here. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned player, these words of wisdom can help you stay motivated and inspired on your journey to becoming the best tennis player you can be.
Our Favorite Tennis Quote
What I think I’ve been able to do well over the years is play with pain, play with problems, play in all sorts of conditions.Roger Federer
Successful performance requires adapting to external factors such as weather, mood, or injuries. By adjusting expectations accordingly, we can perform our best despite the situation. Ultimately, these limitations do not have to prevent us from achieving our desired outcomes.
Table of Contents
- Best Inspirational Tennis Quotes
- Best Tennis Quotes About Game
- Best Tennis Quotes About Mindset
- Funny Tennis Quotes
Best Inspirational Tennis Quotes
38. What I think I’ve been able to do well over the years is play with pain, play with problems, play in all sorts of conditions. – Roger Federer
37. You have to believe in the long term plan you have but you need the short term goals to motivate and inspire you. – Roger Federer
36. Think of all the girls who could become top athletes but quit sports because they’re afraid of having too many defined muscles and being made fun of or called unattractive. – Serena Williams
35. Tennis is a perfect combination of violent action taking place in an atmosphere of total tranquility. – Billie Jean King
34. Experience is a great advantage. The problem is that when you get the experience, you’re too damned old to do anything about it. – Jimmy Connors
33. A G.O.A.T, to me, is not who wins the most grand slams. It’s about what you say, what you stand for and your purpose. – Dylan Alcott
32. The mark of great sportsmen is not how good they are at their best, but how good they are at their worst. – Martina Navratilova
31. If you’re a champion, you have to have it in your heart. – Chris Evert
30. Greatest thing in life: Winning a tennis match. Second greatest thing in life: Losing a tennis match – Jimmy Connors
29. That’s what you do all the hard work for, to play in situations that put your body through grueling times. If you’re not up to it, pull out. – Lleyton Hewitt
Best Tennis Quotes About Game
28. My game is a lot about footwork. If I move well, I play well. – Roger Federer
27. There is no way around hard work. Embrace it. You have to put in the hours because there’s always something which you can improve. – Roger Federer
26. If you don’t practice, you don’t deserve to win.- Andre Agassi
25. The first point is always important, more so in a Wimbledon final. – Rafael Nadal
24. No one remembers defeats. People remember victories. – Rafael Nadal
23. Tennis is a mental game. Everyone is fit, everyone hits great forehands and backhands. – Novak Djokovic
22. The fifth set is not about tennis; it’s about nerves. – Boris Becker
21. Be bold. If you’re going to make an error, make a doozy, and don’t be afraid to hit the ball. – Billie Jean King
20. For me losing a tennis match isn’t a failure, it’s research. – Billie Jean King
19. I really think a champion is defined not by their wins but by how they can recover when they fall. – Serena Williams
Best Tennis Quotes About Mindset
18. I stop thinking and start feeling. My shots become a half-second quicker, and my decisions become the product of instinct rather than logic. – Andre Agassi
17. Winning is a way of expressing yourself. – Boris Becker
16. The ideal attitude is to be physically loose and mentally tight. – Arthur Ashe
15. Regardless of how you feel inside, always try to look like a winner. – Arthur Ashe
14. A man who wins is a man who thinks he can. – Roger Federer
13. One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation. – Arthur Ashe
12. I fear no one, but respect everyone – Roger Federer
11. Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy. – Rafael Nadal
Funny Tennis Quotes
10. It’s one-on-one out there, man. There ain’t no hiding. I can’t pass the ball. – Pete Sampras
9. To err is human. To put the blame on someone else is doubles. – Anonymous
8. I’d rather be No. 2 in Chile and No. 1 in the world. – Nicolas Massu
7. The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I’ll never be as good as a wall. – Mitch Hedberg
6. The mini heart attack you get when the ball hits the net…and goes over.
5. The serve was invented so the net could play. – Bill Cosby
4. Tennis: a racquet sport in which two players compete to see who has the shortest temper, the worst memory, the poorest eyesight, and the slowest watch.
She comes from a tennis playing family. Her father’s a dentist. – BBC 2
2. Greatest thing in life: Winning a tennis match. Second greatest thing in life: Losing a tennis match. – Jimmy Connors
1. In tennis, the addict moves about a hard rectangle and seeks to ambush a fuzzy ball with a modified snow-shoe. – Elliot Chaze
Whether you use these tennis quotes as motivation during your next match or simply just enjoy reading them, they will surely help you appreciate the beauty and complexity of the game of tennis.
Please feel free to leave comments regarding your favorite tennis quote.